- Use the right kind of lighting. The incandescent bulbs or the tube lights are a thing of the past now. This is the age of LED lighting. These lights have a longer life period and provide greater illumination as well while consuming lesser power all the while.
- Choosing the right color of the bulbs is important as well. The white of the cream colors can work best. At the same time, reserve the darker hues to serve as night bulbs.
- The furniture should be light and have light colored decorations. The darker ones can absorb light and hence make the room look smaller and darker.
- You need adequate space to walk around your house. Hence, one should try to have furniture attached to the walls at a height. You have your storage space as well as the place to walk around. Having the lights at the appropriate locations so that the furniture does not come in the way is a good idea.
- The kitchen cabinets are the most important items in a modular kitchen. It is better to have light illumination inside the cabinets to allow for greater visibility.
- The color of the flooring and the walls / ceiling is also an important issue. Having light colored flooring is always advisable. They reflect the light and hence give the impression of a larger room. The same logic applies to the ceiling and the walls.
Using the simple tricks, one can make small rooms look spacious.